The Gemmotherapy Remedies
The gemmotherapy remedies have a very potent effect in the body, so are used within the guidelines of homeopathy. They help elimination by opening things up and also aid in tissue regeneration, allowing organs to function better. Because of their power to restore vital energy to faltering functions, tissues or organs, the remedies have the ability to regulate and balance the organism. There has been scientific research since the 1950’s demonstrating the effect of the gemmotherapy remedies.
Gemmotherapy integrates with all other therapeutic methods based on dynamic energy, such as single remedy homeopathy, acupuncture, and Bowen bodywork. The dosages of the Gemmotherapy remedies harmonize with the subtle energetic mechanisms of the other treatments. Gemmotherapy opens the avenues for better utilization of all other medication, even prescription drugs, because of its cellular effect.
The Secret of this Plant Medicine
Gemmotherapy is a super-active type of plant medicine, the powerful effect coming from the growth hormone of the fresh germinating parts of plants, called Gibberellin. It has the power of cleansing the cells by draining away toxic metabolic waste products such as mucus, broken down metabolites, dead cells from the defense system, auto-immune complexes and antibodies that are choking cells to a near-death stranglehold.
Beyond that, Gemmotherapy remedies build up the function of organs. Since different plants have an affinity for particular organs or tissues of the body, the type of Gemmotherapy plant selected will support that organ or tissue it has an affinity for in regeneration through the plant hormones.
The use of the buds, young leaf and rootlets makes it possible to obtain a more active medication, with no need whatsoever to prescribe large doses. Starting with a fresh embryonic plant distinguishes this branch from traditional plant medicine where extracts and powders are prepared from adult plants, sometimes dried.
Young parts of plants are harvested and placed in a mixture of glycerine and alcohol to soak for 21 days. Glycerine allows for better extraction of the embryonic ingredients.
Then they are prepared in accordance with the official method for homeopathic preparations in the French pharmacopeia, the most exacting standards in the world.
A 1:10 dilution is the medicinal form of the remedies. It provides a consistent effect and maximal results.
All gemmotherapies are prescribed in separate bottles since mixing carries the risk of reaction with each other that alters their therapeutic properties.
Hawthorne berries are traditionally used for conditions of the heart. The Latin name for the plant is Crataegus oxycantha.
The Gemmotherapy preparation of Crataegus is of the young buds of this plant. With up to 50 to 75 drops twice a day, the effect is magnified. It can be used to normalize heart tissues, reverse chronic heart failure, help in recovery from surgery in children with congenital heart defects, for tachycardia, and arrhythmias. After a heart attack, Gemmotherapy Crataegus will normalize EKG readings in 2 years. How’s that for restoring function!
Wild woodvine, or Ampelopsis weichii, in Gemmotherapy form, is useful to rebuild joints as it stimulates the regrowth of ligaments & cartilage.
The Sequoia tree or Giant Redwood is the picture of strength and longevity. The gemmotherapy Sequoia bud is supreme for being like a fountain of youth, decreasing the signs of aging by normalizing hormonal function, especially for women. It also helps to rebuild adrenal function with Ribes nigrum.
Carpinus betulus, or European Hornbeam, in the Gemmotherapy form, is specific to the sinus mucous membranes. It can be used for chronic sinusitis, chronic bronchitis, and allergies.
Common Juniper, or Juniperus communis, is well known in herbal medicine for its effect on the kidneys and bladder. The Gemmotherapy preparation Juniperus also works on the kidneys to reverse almost any kidney condition even helps clear uric acid from the body. It tonifies the liver to work more efficiently as it stimulates the hepatic cells for general detoxification, and is useful in liver cirrhosis.
The therapeutic applications for Gemmotherapies are as follows:
- Betula Pubences Buds (Birch): This general tonic increases the bodily defense mechanisms, overcoming physical and psychological asthenia.
- Quercus Pedunculata Buds or Rootlets of Arcons (Oak): Has a similar and complementary action to that of Betula Pubences.
- Carpinus Betulus Buds (Hornbeam): Active in the rhinopharynx and trachea, ensuring healing of damage mucosal surfaces and relieving spasm. Indicated for spasmodic and chronic rhinopharyngitis, tracheitis and tracheo-bronchitis. Is antitussive.
- Corylous Avellans Buds (Hazel): First and foremost an anti-fibrotic which restores the elasticity of lung tissue. Indicated in emphysema and pulmonary fibrosis, but also in certain cases of hepatic cell deficiency.
- Viburnum Lantana Buds (Viburnum): Has a sedative effect on the pulmonary neurovegetative system and inhibits bronchiola spasm. Restores respiratory function. Indicated in asthma of various etiologies and in asthmatiform dyspnoea.
Cardiovascular and Hematological Remedies:
A – Disturbances of arterial circulation
- Olea Europea Buds (Olive): Hypotensive and arterial antisclerotic action. Normalises blood cholesterol levels. Indicated in arteriosclerosis and in hypotension.
- Prunus Amygdalus Buds (Almond): Complements Olea, accentuating its hypotensive and antisclerotic actions. The indications are the same.
- Populus Nigrum Buds (Poplar): Acts upon the arterial system of the legs, relieving spasm. Favourises the establishment of a collateral circulation and aids in the treatment of associated trophic disturbances.
B – Disturbances in venous circulation:
- Sorbus Domestica Buds (Sorb): the Major regulator of the circulation in the veinous system, overcoming congestive phenomena. Increases tone of the veinous wall. More particularly indicated in the female patient, in association with circulatory disturbances of the menopause, veinous hypertension, the sequelly of phlebitis, varicose veins or heavy legs syndrome.
- Aesculus Hippocastanum Buds (Horse Chestnut): Indicated in hemorrhoids.
C – Disturbances of blood coagulation:
Two buds are active in decreasing blood coagulation. It is most valuable to prescribe them in relation to certain laboratory data.
- Prunus Amygdalus Inner Root Bark (Almond): Indicated in the presence of an increase in prothrombine levels.
- Citrus Limonum Inner Stem Bark (Lemon): In the presence of an increase in blood fibrinogen levels.
D – Cardiac problems:
- Crataegus Oxyacantha Buds (Hawthorne): an Excellent regulator of cardiac movement which is slow. Increases myocardial tone, in particular in the left side of the heart. Has a sedative effect on all precordial pain. Indicated in cardiac insufficiency and associated symptoms, cardiac spasms, tachycardias, and arythmias as well as in precordial pain.
- Zea Mais Rootlets (Maize): Favourises post-infarction healing of cardiac tissue and produces a fall in blood transaminase levels. Indicated in the sequelly of myocardial infarction.
E – Disturbances in blood count:
- Tamaris Gallica Buds (Tamarisk): Active on the red cell series, stimulating erythrocyte formation. Indicated in hypochromic anaemia.
- Vitis vinifera Buds (Grape vine): Regularises the white cell series and should be prescribed in the presence of a leucocytosis, in particular, a lymphocytosis.
A – Liver:
- Rosmarinus Officinalis Buds (Rosemary): Action particularly specifically orientated towards the gallbladder. An excellent anti-spasmodic which regularises gallbladder motility. Indicated in minor hepatic insufficiency, biliary dyskinesia with hyper- or hypotonia, biliary colic, and chronic cholecystitis.
- Corylus Avellana Buds (Hazel): By virtue of its anti-fibrotic effect already mentioned, acts as a tonic on the hepatic parenchyma and is indicated in cases of more marked hepatic insufficiency.
- Juniperus Communis Young Shoots (Juniper): Young shoots of juniper are active in marked hepatic insufficiency with markedly disturbed laboratory tests. Juniper is the medication for the very deficient liver in the phase of decompensation: jaundice, various types of cirrhosis etc. Juniper also gives good results in cases of air swallowing where it would appear to have a regulatory effect on the digestive neurovegetative system.
B – Stomach:
- Ficus Carica Buds (Fig): Normalises the secretion of gastric juice and has a healing action on the mucosa. It is active in cases of neurovegetative dystonia. Indicated for gastric and gastro-duodenal ulcers.
C – Intestine:
- Vaccinum Vitis Idaea Buds (Bilberry): This bud is an excellent medication for the intestine. It should be prescribed whenever there is a disturbance in intestinal transit, for both diarrhoeic syndromes as well as constipation, obviously after the elimination of any organic etiology for such problems.
A – Rheumatic disorders:
Rheumatic disorders require the administration of three specific buds that should be prescribed by order of increasing severity.
- Pinus Montana Buds (Pine): Indicated for non-inflammatory chronic rheumatism regardless of the site: vertebral osteoarthrosis, osteoarthrosis of the knees or hips, etc. It is useful to prescribe it in association with birch sap 1 D, preferably given in the morning when fasting in a large glass of water.
- Vitis Vinifera Buds (Grapevine): Indicated in very painful deforming rheumatism and in arthritis affecting the small joints.
- Ampelopsis Weitchii Buds (Virginia creeper): Prescribed for extremely painful and highly inflammatory rheumatic disorders following a rapid course with the production of severe deformity, e.g. rheumatoid arthritis and periarthritis of the shoulder.
B – Gout:
- Fraxinus Excelsior (Ash): Regularises blood uric acid levels. Indicated in the presence of a gouty diathesis, chronic or with acute manifestations.
C – Decalcification:
- Abies Pectinata Buds (Fir): Favourises the fixation of calcium in the bones. Indicated above all in children with bony decalcification, rickets, dental caries and lymph node hypertrophy. Also gives valuable results in alveolo-dental pyorrhoea.
- Fagus Sylvatica Buds (Beech): Stimulates renal function and urine output. Indicated in renal lithiasis, renal insufficiency and in obesity due to water retention.
- Sequoia Gigantea Buds (Sequoia): This bud is an excellent anti-senescent substance for use in the elderly man. Has a remarkable effect from a geriatric standpoint and induces a state of euphoria in the elderly patient with the restoration of energy both from a physical as well as a psychological standpoint. Particularly powerful action on the prostate. Indicated for prostatic hypertrophy or adenomas and in the trophic and psychological problems of old age.
- Rubus Idaeus Buds (Raspberry cane): Has an inhibiting effect on the anterior lobe of the pituitary and in particular regularises ovarian secretion. Indicated in syndromes with hyperfolliculinism and in dysmenorrhoea.
- Ulmus Campestris Buds (Elm): Used in the treatment of weeping eczema.
- Cedrus Libani (Cedar): Used in the treatment of dry eczema.
- Ribes Nigrum Buds (Blackcurrant): The blackcurrant bud is a very important medication. It is active on the adrenal cortex, stimulating the secretion of anti-inflammatory hormones. It has a marked anti-allergic action. It is indicated in all forms of inflammation in which the sedimentation rate is greatly accelerated and in allergic states regardless of their clinical manifestations: rhinitis, bronchitis, asthma, gastritis, migraine, urticaria, angioneurotic oedema, and allergic rheumatism.
- Rosa Canina Buds (Dog rose): Extremely valuable in the treatment of a migraine and headache resistant to standard treatment and in which there is almost always an allergic component. It is of value to prescribe it in association in such cases with Ribes Nigrum Buds, when in complements the adrenal cortical stimulation and with Tilia Buds, which have an effect as a plant tranquilizer.
The most frequent dose of all of these medications is of 20 to 30 drops per day of each, to be taken with a little water before meals, either alone, or mixed in the glass immediately before being taken. These doses must, of course, be adjusted according to the individual reaction of each patient. The physician may either decrease them or increase them. However, it is essential to prescribe these buds in a unitary fashion and not mix several medications in the same prescription bottle.
Our main purpose is to educate and guide you towards optimal health. We are a group of holistic health care practitioners who believe in the “Healing Power of Nature”. We are dedicated to your health no matter what your diagnosis or symptoms may be. Our main therapeutic modality is the application of a European Biological Therapy termed “Biotherapeutic Drainage“.
Biotherapeutic Drainage is a system of medicine originating in Europe. European physicians have been practicing the theories of Biotherapeutic Drainage for over 80 years. In 1996 Dr. Gerard Gueniot, the world’s leading physician in the application of Biotherapeutic Drainage, began lecturing in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Dr. Gueniot has been instrumental in bringing Biotherapeutic Drainage to North America. Since 1996, Dr. Abell has been studying with Dr. Gueniot and has been awarded with the distinction of the instructor of Biotherapeutic Drainage in North America. Biotherapeutic Drainage is unique because it is the only system of medicine that utilizes the unique therapies listed below with the goal of returning normal physiology to the patient. Each therapy has its own principles and effects, but when they are combined an amazing syncronicity occurs. The therapies utilized by Biotherapeutic Drainage includes the following:
UNDA number system (Homeopathic Drainage)
Gemmotherapies (Plant bud herbal therapies)
Gammadyns (Oligoelements trace elements)
Schuessler Cell Salts (mineral salts)
Plex Homeopathic Remedies (Symptomatic homeopathic remedies)
Organotherapies (Homeopathic organ therapies)
Homeopathic remedies according to Miasm, Temperament, and Constitution
By utilizing these unique remedies, our practitioners are able to treat acute, sub-acute and chronic conditions with incredible results. The art of Biotherapeutic Drainage is to construct a treatment plan that properly utilizes the above remedies most effectively in the patient. When the practitioner prescribes the remedies, the goal is to correct the patient’s physiology (human biological function). In order to truly heal, one must correct the physiology back to its normal function. This is something that pharmaceutical medication simply does not and cannot do. Pharmaceuticals are designed to alter normal physiological function, but they do not establish normal function. If a medication is needed for the rest of your life, the medication did not correct the problem but merely is altering the problem. In acute situations, this can save someone’s life, but in chronic conditions, the medications create adverse side-effects. Our goal is to not suppress or alter the problem but to bring back physiological normalcy to permanently correct the problem.
So now the question is – Why are our bodies not functioning as they normally should be? The direct answer is TOXICITY. We live a world of tremendous toxic burden which is affecting our physical, mental and emotional well-being.
We no longer live in a world that is pure and natural. Humans are in a state of constant bombardment by environmental and dietary toxins. These toxins are literally destroying our physiology. Our jobs as natural health practitioners are to remove these toxins and prevent the re-intoxification of our patients. In order to truly heal we must rid the body of these toxins. The following are some of the problems we face on a daily basis:
Drugs (legal and illegal)
Toxic food products (artificial sweeteners, partially hydrogenated oils, preservatives, etc)
Each of these substances has extremely detrimental effects on every living organism on this planet. The majority of substances that are introduced into our environment have NEVER been tested for safety.